Friday, November 2, 2012

Tuesday's the day!

In addition to being Election Day in the States (don't forget to vote!!), Tuesday sees the launch of my new record label, Irabbagast Records, and the release of my two latest albums:  Outright! Unhinged and I Don't Hear Nothin' but the Blues Volume 2: Appalachian Haze.  I'm extremely proud of both of these records and can't wait to share them with you!

Appalachian Haze features Mike Pride on drums and Mick Barr on guitar, and is one gigantic 47 minute interactive improvisation based on Mike and my long-standing duo built on motives, repetition, and kitchen-sink genre inclusion.  These guys absolutely slay it on this one, and we look forward to the CD release show on December 6 at the Cornelia St. Cafe in New York City.

Outright! Unhinged is the 2nd album in my Outright! series, and features Ralph Alessi, Jacob Sacks, John Hebert and Tom Rainey in the quintet, along with special guests Eivind Opsvik, Glenn Alexander, Mike Pride, Chris Cash and the Outright! Jazz Orchestra.  The reviews are already starting to come in, so make sure to check back here for some of the highlights.

These albums will be available through CDBaby and Amazon, and you can always get in touch with me here at jon@jonirabagon.com if you wish to purchase these, or any of my other titles, through me directly.

Thanks for reading!

Jon

No comments: