Monday, February 3, 2014

New album out!

Hi everyone, I hope you're keeping warm in this crazy weather!

Just a quick note to let you know that my new album, It Takes All Kinds, is out today on iTunes, local record stores, the Jazzwerkstatt website (http://records-cd.com) and through myself.  The record features eight of my originals, as performed at the 2013 Peitz Festival in Germany, and features two of my favorite musicians and improvisers-- Barry Altschul and Mark Helias!  This co-release between Jazzwerkstatt and my own Irabbagast Records has been a dream come true, and we couldn't be more proud of the music!  This trio will be touring Europe in late September/early October 2014, so keep an eye out for us!

In other music news, another one of my favorite drummers, Rudy Royston, is releasing his debut record on Dave Douglas' Greenleaf Music label on February 4.  "303" features Rudy's compositions and many of NYC's finest musicians.  I am happy to be a part of this project!  Please see the live shows section to see when we are playing in your area!

Thanks for checking in, and see you soon!

Jon

No comments: